Information we collect
We collect and process personal information in the course of your use of our cloud service. You may upload personal information (about colleagues, participants, staff etc.) when using our cloud service. This data is stored on our secure servers and from, time to time, may be processed by us in order to perform technical support obligations to you in line with our service agreement. We do not use the data uploaded to the cloud service for any purpose other than to provide the service.
The data we collect when you are a user of our platform on behalf of our franchise partner can be grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first and last name
- Contact Data email address
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our platform
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our platform, dashboards visited and reports downloaded
Special categories of personal information
Coordinate Sport does not process any sensitive personal data of account users for their own purpose.
How we collect your data
We collect your data when you register as a user of our platform and when you access the platform.
How your data is used
In simple terms we use your data to assess the effectiveness of the platform and to provide any help or technical support to you when using our platform.
The table below details specifically how we may use your data when you visit our platform:
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as an account user
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to enable you to use the platform)
To notify you about changes to our platform
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated)
To administer and protect our business and platform (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and system maintenance)
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of platform and network security)
To use data logs to improve our platform and user experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our business and to inform the development of our platform)
We will not use the contact details from our platform to market to you. We will use your details for transactional messages telling you about the availability of the platform or planned downtimes for maintenance.
With all messages we send you can unsubscribe at any time, by clicking the [unsubscribe] link within the email or replying STOP to the SMS messages .
Third-party marketing – we will not share your data with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing without your consent.
Cookies – there will be no cookies on the platform, other than what is strictly necessary to deliver the platform .
Change of purpose – Your data will only be used for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at email@example.com
If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Who we share your data with
There are certain circumstances where we may need to share your data with our third-party service providers. Third-party service providers include our IT systems where the information will be stored or used to contact you, for example our platform is hosted on AWS and we use Sendgrid to allow emails to be sent from the platform.
Your data may be transferred to other third party organisations in certain scenarios:
- if we discuss selling or transferring part or all of our business – the information may be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable terms as to confidentiality
- if we are reorganised or sold, information may be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide services to you
- if we’re required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example the Police
- if we are defending a legal claim your information may be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim
In all cases we ensure that we have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect your data to the highest standard.