The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) has released the results of its worldwide trends list for 2024. Now in its 18th year, they have gathered data from thousands of respondents to predict the future trends in the fitness sector for 2024.
Globally, exercise and fitness for adults and mental health support through fitness are global top trends, providing evidence that communities across the world are seeing the value of physical activity.
For obesity, weight loss has been the most popular trend globally, with the following trends residing in the top 10:
- Wearable technology has once again topped the table for tracking exercise and fitness goals.
- The promotion of worksite health, as the impact of ill health affects economies across the world
- Employing certified exercise professionals for fitness programmes
- Mobile exercise apps for providing supportive online communities
- Exercise for mental health for the industry and consumers
- Athletic development for young people or developing skills in and off the field
- Personal training
To find out more about the trends in the top 20, see here.