After the successful opening of the Paralympic Games this week, sports organisations have taken this opportunity to look into disability in sport, fitness, and leisure.
More than 70% of Team GB Paralympians have directly benefitted from Sport England investment of National Lottery funding. Through their charity partner, Sports Aid, they’ve helped 166 athletes, guides, and competition partners on their path to Tokyo.
Supported by Sport England, ukactive has launched its Everyone Can consultation to highlight the need for disability-friendly leisure and fitness facilities. The consultation is designed to review the provision that already exists, with the results in December set to provide a roadmap forward.
The consultation is open to all gyms, fitness, and leisure facilities in the UK until the end of September and will be looking into the following:
- Innovation, digital and technology
- Equipment and facilities
- Customer service and satisfaction
- Training and workforce development
- Data collection and monitoring
- Understanding your customer/feedback forms
- Designing for, and with, disabled people
- Campaigns and the use of marketing and social media
To submit, you should be an operator or a representative of an operator, with the ability to provide the information above. See here to find out more.