As two organisations at the forefront of engaging with most of the country’s foremost community sport providers, Sported and StreetGames have combined forces to elevate the voice of community sports and young people in the UK.
Amidst the historic cost-of-living crisis, they’ve teamed up to outline the challenges facing community sports and the young people they serve. Between them, they support, engage and advocate for most of the UK’s community groups. Now, they’ve gathered research that can help these organisations meet their potential post-pandemic.
A snapshot of the research they collated:
- 92% of respondents to Sported’s Pulse were confident with their organisational survival and financial stability in the short to medium term
- 75% of StreetGames Locally Trusted Organisations (LTOs) say they will be able to deliver activities over the next 12 months
- Nearly three-quarters of StreetGames respondents say current participation levels are below capacity
- More than 50% of Sported Pulse say that their participation levels are below pre-pandemic levels
- More than half of StreetGames LTOs and three-quarters of Sported Pulse respondents identified securing funding as a key priority for them to continue operating
To find out more about how community organisations are faring, see here.