ukactive has formed a cross-sector task force to create accessible fitness and activities environments for everyone. The Everyone Can Task Force contains leaders from the sports and physical activity sectors and representatives from the disability sector.
Their purpose is to work across their focus areas to help gyms, fitness and leisure facilities reach their full potential. The programme will support disabled people in getting active by creating or upgrading existing or new opportunities in the sector.
Forming part of the Everyone Can programme, it will bring together sectors to raise awareness of the needs of the disability sector. The task force includes leaders in industry, operators and suppliers that will collaborate to support their aims.
The Everyone Can Task Force includes:
- Activity Alliance: Barry Horne, CEO
- Helene Raynsford, Paralympic rowing champion; public health and sport consultant
- CIMSPA: Tara Dillon, CEO
- Everyone Active: Ben Beevers, Group Development Director
- GLL: Andrew Clark, National Sports and Aquatics Manager
- Places Leisure: Sarah Roberts, Head of Fitness
- PureGym: Julia McMullan, Director of Central Operations
- Swimming Teachers Association: Dave Candler, CEO
- Sport England: Adam Blaze, Strategic Lead, Disability
- The Gym Group: Rachel Shinn, D&I and Wellbeing Lead, and Sarah Grime, Head of Format
- ukactive: Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson, Chair, and Huw Edwards, CEO
To find out more and follow their insights, see here.