In today’s episode, James speaks to Conrad Balatoni and Laura Gallagher. Laura is an athlete mentor at the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust and a British trampoline gymnast. After an extraordinary career as one of the UK’s most accomplished trampolinists, Laura is guiding young people paths using sport and physical activity as a development tool.
Conrad Balatoni, a former professional Scottish footballer, embarked on a remarkable journey that began with playfully diving to save a balloon on a sofa. This passion for the game propelled him towards an illustrious 11-year career as an international football player. Now, looking ahead to the present, Conrad has successfully transitioned to a life as a financial advisor at St James’s Place Wealth Management.
Tune in as James, Conrad & Laura speak about:
- Laura’s Contradictory sporting background
- Their debuts to professional sporting levels and how they progressed onwards
- Evolution of sports funding from past to present
- Challenges female athletes encounter in pursuit of sporting excellence
- Their key takeaways while stepping out of professional sports
- The catalyst behind the paths they’re currently taking
- How they keep themselves centered and at high performance
- What’s their focus for the future
… and so much more!